Why We are Here:
Our Mission, Vision, and Core Value
Transforming Lives Through Hope And Healing To Achieve True Potential.
- to believe in the potential that lies within every student and their family,
- to express that belief through our Interpersonal Whole-Brain Model of Care delivered within a framework of Hope, Truth, and Love,
- and to encourage and empower the global special needs community through research, training, certification, and licensure.
Our mission is clear and our promise is steadfast. We believe that every brain is capable of new growth and change, no matter the condition or diagnosis. We know that the brain can change based on the input and stimulation it receives. Our job is to provide that intense interaction and stimulation - daily and consistently.
Our whole-brain, whole-person approach is transforming what is possible for individuals who experience brain-based challenges. Jacob’s Ladder is steadfastly working toward ensuring that:
- HOPE is restored and HEALING begins by changing the conversation around all that is believed to be impossible for those with neurobiological disorders by showing what is possible,
- interventions are delivered in ways that work best for families while maintaining continuity of care for students and integrity across all areas of life,
- the power of neuroplasticity is acknowledged – the proven reality that every brain is capable of new growth and change based on the input and stimulation it receives – and is pursued without exception for those in need,
- students are provided with a safe, loving, trauma-informed environment in which they can experience healing, wholeness, and a sense of belonging,
- and, students regularly reach accomplishments once thought impossible, leading to the certain hope that overcoming challenges and pursuing passion and purpose are things we are all intentionally designed to experience.
Hope, Truth, Love
Our core values speak volumes about our approach to growth and learning.
On behalf of your child we are committed to acting with integrity, persevering in
all circumstances, and honoring their possibilities and potential alongside you.
Hope is a cherished trust in transformation and a life lived through possibilities.
Truth is integrity in action, character, and speech
based on what is
accurate and honest.
Love always hopes and perseveres, regardless of circumstances, and is a choice we make to value and honor one another with our actions.
"Hope is a sustaining, motivating, and healing force in the lives of those touched by special needs, and the people of Jacob's Ladder provide it in abundance."
– A Hope School Parent
A Different Outcome is Possible for Special Needs Children
Jacob’s Ladder is unique among educational and therapeutic centers serving special needs children and young adults. From the Interpersonal Whole-Brain Model of Care built upon the scientific principles of neuroplasticity to individualized, intensive programs delivered by highly trained staff in safe, loving environments, we harness the extraordinary ability of the brain to heal and develop new capacity. The word “impossible” does not exist at Jacob’s Ladder. Visit us to see how our students regularly achieve breakthroughs.